Saturday 18 January 2014

Project: TWENTY FOURTEEN

Ahhh a new year and so many new possibilities, not to mention so many resolutions made. Everyone whether they realise it or not gives themselves resolutions. The problem with resolutions is that when they don't actuate in the desired results you tend to get discouraged and give up. This may be because of a number of reasons. Most commonly people just set the bar too high.

So this year I have given myself 6 areas of focus: Family, Home, Friends, Health, Finances, and Work. I have broken my "resolutions" down into small quite do-able activities that have a flexible end goal. I am looking at these goals as an ongoing project that can and will evolve throughout the year and may even be transferred into the coming years. I have named this "Project: TWENTY FOURTEEN". I know original, lol.

Every couple of weeks I will be choosing 2 goals to report on through this blog and give you a break down on the positives and negatives experiences I have had. If there is something that interests you or you would like me to elaborate on please feel free to comment.

So what exactly am I working towards this year...

FAMILY:
  1. Go on a family holiday outside NSW and show my kids something new.
  2. Have more one-on-one time with each family member, especially my husband.
  3. Introduce a family fun night once a month where we can make memories together.
HOME:
  1. Create a unique outdoor living space. Even try to source recycled materials to do so.
  2. Have a more sustainable lifestyle by growing my own fruit, vegetables and herbs. This includes making more things from scratch and not packeted items.
  3. Organise my family day-to-day activities better, including having clear expectations on everyone's duties.
FRIENDS:
  1. Arrange a get away with my girlfriends. Can be anything from a day trip somewhere to a weekend away.
  2. Contact my close friends once a month for a chat or get together.
  3. Randomly do something unexpected or thoughtful for each of them.
HEALTH:
  1. Lose 20kg which equates to 1/2kg each week.
  2. Join a sporting team or take up a new sport.
  3. Do the City2Surf on Sunday August 10, 2014.
FIANANCES:
  1. Reduce debt, specifically creditcards!
  2. Set up bill schedule and stick to it to pay bills on time and ultimately be in credit.
  3. Be more frugal on my living expenses and look for ways to cut costs of unnecessary items.
WORK:
  1. Organise my work time better to have a routine.
  2. Create and publish 2 patterns.
  3. Use blog every 2 weeks to update on progress of "Project: TWENTY FOURTEEN".
Now some of these goals may seem a little vague to you right now but the above is just a brief overview of my goals. I will go into more detail when I do a blog focus on each of the topics above. If you have suggestions or links to where I can find information to help me through these tasks please feel free to contact me via comment or email: trimssosweet@bigpond.com.

I look forward to sharing my coming year with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment