Thursday 14 June 2012

Customer Satisfaction

Whenever I create something unique for a client I am constantly second guessing whether what I have come up with, based on their vision, is going to be good enough.

As I'm cutting fabric up, pinning in place, sewing seams, adding trims and making those final touch ups I am all the while thinking, OMG they are going to get this and then contact me saying what the hell is this that you sent me.

Even as I am placing that parcel in the mail box I am secretly wishing maybe it will magically transform while in transit or get lost and the client will forget they even ordered it. All from that fear that trying my hardest isn't going to be what they want.

I am by no means a perfectionist, in that I require every stitch to be perfectly aligned or every loose thread trimed. I hold my work to a very high standard so I make sure I don't rush through an item and that I take the time to get things right.

But who out there doesn't secretly want people to love the hard work they have done to create something specifically to their requirements? My hands up!

Even though this creating processes I have is plagued with second guessing, the moment I hear "wow, my item arrived today and I love it", I take a long breathe and reassure myself that I can continue to make great things and send them out into the world.

Please share what goes through your head while creating your clients items.

No comments:

Post a Comment