Saturday 23 June 2012

Method of madness

Firstly I would like to state my least favourite job to do around the house it the laundry, I will avoid it if I feel I can get away with it but it is always waiting for me. Unless my dear husband decides he will help (that term is used very lightly).

laundry-basket

So I hate how my husband hangs clothes on the line, folds them, and in general when he touches my laundry pile. Now don't get me wrong I do apprieciate the help, but, and there is a big BUT, it just seems his helping creates more work for me.

I have a method of madness when it comes to my washing pile. Firstly I separate whites, towels, and linens from my colours. He puts in anything he can get his hands on. Next I always soak my whites, as I have messy children. He chucks them in without even a spritz of stain remover.

I always hang my washing in groups (of who they belong to) making sure darks are hung inside out (to avoid fading) and they are all straight so they dry evenly. He hangs them as he picks them up out of the basket and randomly around the whole clothes line.

When getting them off the line I fold as I go and since I have already grouped them they go straight into the draws and cupboards as I walk through the house. He will grab them off the line when one item is dry, chuck them into the basket and put it someplace out of the way.

All his "help" results in me not knowing where the clothes are, having creased clothes from sitting in a basket for several days, some of the clothes are still damp from not being straightened before hanging on the line, whites still have stains, towels and washers are randomly found, and I have to spend more time resorting, rewashing, rehanging, and folding. Making things so much more time consuming then they need to be.

There are other things that my husband does that get on my nerves but this tops the list. What does your husband/partner do that peeves you to the max?

No comments:

Post a Comment